Popularly known as an aphrodisiac, Tongkat Ali has various uses in conventional folk medicine. Tongkat Ali is a flowering shrub plant native to Southeast Asia. It also contains many phytochemicals, such as flavonoids, quassinoids, bioactive steroids, and alkaloids.
Conventional medicines have been utilizing the bark, fruits, leaves, and root of this plant to treat different health issues. However, the roots of the Eurycoma longifolia are rich in bioactive compounds source.
In addition, Tongkat Ali has various other familiar names, including Ali’s Umbrella, long jack, jack, etc. It is currently available in teas, energy drinks, supplements, and coffee drinks.
Safe Dosage of Tongkat Ali
According to research studies, Tongkat Ali has been used as a traditional herbal remedy to treat various health problems. The purported benefits of Tongkat Ali for sexual health and fertility in men have made it more popular. It has been considered an effective remedy to treat erectile dysfunction, male infertility, and low sex drive.
On the other hand, this herbal remedy is also popular for improved mood, physical fitness, bone health, and stress.
- According to a review study from 2016 that was published in Molecules, 200 to 1000 mg of Tongkat Ali is the standard dose to consider.
- However, caution is always recommended when intaking Tongkat Ali supplements. It is truer, especially in older adults.
- The study recommends avoiding consuming more Tongkat Ali than the recommended dose to avoid its potential side effects.
Tongkat Ali supplements are usually available in a variety of forms. These often include a powdered form, which you can consume by adding tea, coffee, or energy drinks.
Herbal-infused drinks are also commonly available; however, it is better to limit their consumption. Consumption of these drinks may lead to a higher dosage of Tongkat Ali than the recommended one.
Different ways to use Tongkat Ali
Many people who want to consume Tongkat Ali don’t know how to use it in the best possible way. Fortunately, Tongkat Ali is available in commercially available supplements and root extracts you need to prepare yourself.
Here we have enlisted how you can use Tongkat Ali in each way to enjoy better health benefits.
So, here we go:
Taking commercially available Tongkat Ali supplements
Always buy Tongkat Ali supplements from a trusted and verified supplier only. Performing due diligence about your Tongkat Ali supplement’s resources is always better. Some preparations have also been found to contain mercury. On the other hand, some Tongkat Ali supplements have been shown to skip the erectile dysfunction drug completely. So, it is always important to do due diligence before choosing Tongkat Ali supplements.
Things to consider:
Here are some key considerations that you should consider while choosing the right Tongkat Ali supplement to use:
- You should prefer Tongkat Ali supplement with the 200:1-strength extract. Different Tongkat Ali supplement manufacturers use different concentrations in supplement preparation. Herbal Defence Tongkat Ali Extract is the purest supplement available out there. It has 200:1 award-winning formula to support overall health and well-being.
- If you are considering a supplement with a higher concentration, then it would be better to manage your safe dosage accordingly. Similarly, if you are considering lower concentration, you can increase the dosage, but you won’t get the complete supplement effect.
- Besides that, prefer choosing a Tongkat Ali supplement extracted with water instead of ethanol. Read the extraction method available on the manufacturer’s website or the supplement’s packaging.
Real Tongkat Ali extract has quassinoids which taste bitter. If the supplement doesn’t taste bitter, it doesn’t contain sufficient extract strength to produce effects.
The best way to use Tongkat Ali supplements
If you are using Tongkat Ali from supplements, don’t use more than 1000 mg daily. The Tongkat supplements are usually available in 100-500mg capsules. You should always stick to the standard dosage recommended by the manufacturer or proven by studies. The standard dosage is considered anywhere between 200 mg to 1000 mg.
In addition, you can take the recommended dosage in one go or split that into 2 doses per day. It is always better to consume Tongkat Ali commercial supplements between meals. It is because the fiber in your meals can slow down the supplement’s absorption in the body.
Moreover, it is always better to use water to swallow Tongkat Ali capsules as these contain a bitter taste. It is always important to avoid using Tongkat Ali capsules with juice. The acidity in juices can affect how your body will absorb the extract.
Using boiled Tongkat Ali roots
You can also use build Tongkat Ali roots extract to enjoy its benefits. For this, you need to buy your Tongkat Ali roots online. It is always important to buy these from a reliable source only. The Tongkat Ali roots must be from a mature and flower-bearing plant.
- Wash these Tongkat Ali roots thoroughly.
- Place these in the oven at 100–120 °F (38–49 °C).
- However, the process will take multiple days if you want to dry it under the sun.
- After drying the Tongkat Ali roots, slice these into thin pieces and then put them on a boil.
- Slice the roots as thin as possible and then put these into 2 to 3 cups of water.
You can boil the same roots up to 3 times. Drink the mixture after it gets cooled.
Should you use Tongkat Ali?
According to some research studies, Tongkat Ali effectively improves body consumption and reduces anxiety. However, the research on its uses is still limited.
Some research studies have shown its benefits for improving testosterone levels and treating male infertility and poor libido. At the same time, Tongkat Ali doesn’t seem to have any adverse effects when using less than 1000 mg daily.
So, whenever you need to consume Tongkat Ali, it is always better to consult your healthcare provider. It is necessary if you are suffering from any health problem such as blood pressure, heart problem, or other.
You should avoid taking Tongkat Ali in certain conditions. These include:
- During pregnancy
- Breastfeeding mothers
- People with the suppressed immune system
- When you are taking blood pressure or hypoglycemic medication.
Lastly, always choose Tongkat Ali supplements from a verified manufacturer only. This practice will ultimately help you to contaminate supplements that can affect your health negatively.
Tongkat Ali is a popular herbal medicine used for different purposes. However, it is always important not to consume more than the standard 200 mg to 1000 mg dosage to avoid potential side effects.