Tongkat Ali is an ancient herb known for its many benefits. Various Southeast Asian cultures have been using this herb for its medicinal properties for generations, and now, as the world has become more global, the west is starting to find out the almost magical benefits of this herb in the form of health supplements. The ancient civilizations considered this Plant a mighty and potent one and called it the Plant of a hundred benefits. Tongkat Ali is primarily grown in Southeast Asian countries of Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, and Laos. Where it was found for the first time is still unknown. The herb, however, has been in use for a few centuries to treat various ailments, including fever.
Contrary to popular belief, Tongkat Ali is much more than a hormonal improvement herb or a testosterone-boosting herb. There are various benefits of this herb that have made it so popular so fast. While many benefits for Tongkat Ali have been found, the research on this herb is still relatively new, and as such, there could be much more behind this allegedly miraculous plant-based health supplement than meets the eye. To get the most benefit out of Tongkat Ali, it is essential that the correct dosage of the product is consumed in the proper manner.
Recommended Dosage of Tongkat Ali
While there are some variations in the recommended dosage of the product, in general, consumption of 500 mg to 1,000 mg of Tongkat Ali per day is considered safe. It is recommended that it not be taken on an empty stomach or after a heavy meal. The dose can even be taken in two or three parts throughout the day. However, there are various factors that would dictate the exact quantity that a person must consume. As such, when purchasing Tongkat Ali, a person must consult a physician and understand what amount would be suitable for them. Some of the main factors determining the proper dosage for a person include:
- Gender and Age: Men and Women of different ages can consume different quantities of Tongkat Ali safely every day. There are multiple reasons behind it. Firstly, the reaction of testosterone promoting supplements in men and women is different; as such, both genders would need different doses of the product. Further, the age of a person can determine the required or safe amount of health supplements of this kind because of any underlying conditions they may have.
- Ailments and Medications: People who are taking any medications, or have any conditions like blood pressure, diabetes, heart condition, liver trouble, etc., must be very careful in their consumption of Tongkat Ali. A lot of individuals, especially those on certain types of regular medications, are advised against the consumption of Tongkat Ali in any concentration. Pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, and children are also not supposed to take the Tongkat Ali health supplement. Individuals suffering from hormonal cancer must also not consume Tongkat Ali as it increases the production of certain hormones, thereby worsening the condition.
- Strength: Tongkat Ali is available in different strengths, and the dosage one takes also depends highly on the strength of the product. For example, if a person is advised that they should take 200 mg of the 1×100 strength Tongkat Ali and they are unable to find the product in that strength, then they can buy the 1×200 strength product but lessen the consumption to 100mg. The 1×100 and 1×200 simply mean that it took 100kgs of Eurycoma Longifolia roots to make 1 kg of Tongkat Ali supplement, or it took 200kgs of the Plant to produce the same amount of supplement. Clearly, the second type contains a higher concentration of the naturally present chemicals in the supplement and, as such, is much stronger, thus, requiring less consumption to produce similar results.
Benefits of Tongkat Ali for Men and Women
While in general, Tongkat Ali is considered a health supplement for consumption by males on account of its testosterone-increasing characteristics. However, women too can consume this supplement to attain the various benefits imparted from the herb. In fact, the benefits of the herb can be categorized into distinct categories suitable for men and for women.
For Men: Among the various benefits of Tongkat Ali for Men, the most significant benefits include:
- Improved Testosterone Levels: One of the most prominent benefits of Tongkat Ali is regulating hormonal levels and increasing testosterone levels in those who consume it. Testosterone being a significant hormone in males, is responsible for various functions. Increased testosterone levels help in improving sexual drive and performance. They help in improving erectile function and, thus, are recommended for consumption by males who have erectile dysfunction.
- Improves Fertility: Tongkat Ali, by virtue of having testosterone-increasing properties, also improves male fertility.
For Men and Women: While the herbal supplement increases testosterone in all consumers, its primary benefits pertain to the male gender. The following benefits of the supplement are helpful for both genders:
- Relieves Stress and Provides Energy: Tongkat Ali is known widely for its energizing properties. The herb lowers the production of stress hormones in your body, thereby improving mood. Various studies have revealed that people who consumed Tongkat Ali felt more energy and a significant reduction in tension and stress levels.
- Improved composition of the body: Tongkat Ali is extremely popular among athletes because it helps in building muscle mass, thereby improving the composition of the body.
- Helps in treating basic ailments: Tongkat Ali is accommodating in treating specific ailments like infections, fever, malaria, and migraine. It is well known for its anti-bacterial and anti-malarial properties.
There are many more benefits that can be derived from Tongkat Ali, and as more research goes into this powerful herb, we continue to find more benefits as well as risks associated with it. The popularity of the herb is increasing rapidly, and every day more and more people are incorporating it into their daily routine. If you, too, have been on the fence about whether or not Tongkat Ali is right for you, consult your physician and incorporate it into your diet.